Monday, April 23, 2018

School of the Wild: Day 2 😊

   We had yet another fantastic day out at Lake McBride for school of the wild! The weather was perfect and everyone was in high spirits. Be sure to get plenty of rest tonight and a good breakfast in the morning so you are all ready for another outdoors filled day!

   Lincoln did not have a group at the archaeology sites today so I got to join two different groups. The first group I tagged along with was group 2, who had the woodlands.🌱 We walked the trails, listening to nature and learning about the plants and animals we could see and hear. At lunch time we were able to stop at the spill way and enjoy the view. πŸŒ…This was a great area for the kids to climb around, cool off, and just relax. I have posted a few pictures from my time with this group below.

Woodlands Group 2
Checking out the Waterfall
  





















The second group I was able to join in with was group 3, who were exploring the ornithology areas. This group was able to learn about various raptors, what makes flight possible, and several other fun and helpful facts about birds. πŸ¦‰πŸ¦…πŸ¦We hiked around a bit, as well as taking a few rests at bird blinds. I have posted a couple pictures of my time with this group below.

Bird Watching in the Blind







Ornithology Group 3


























     Remember to pack filling snacks and plenty of water! You will want a sweatshirt for in the morning and possibly some sunscreen in the afternoon. I hope you are ready for day 3! See you tomorrow! 🌳

No comments:

Post a Comment

🌷 Spring Break 🌷